Saturday, July 14, 2012

Warning! This Bus Is About to Come to a Complete Stop

Please keep your hands and feet inside the donkey, this desert wandering is arriving at its destination. Estimated departure time: Numbers 10. You heard me. Starting tomorrow with Exodus 19, we will be parked at Sinai all the way through Numbers 10. Time elapsed between Genesis 1 and Exodus 18: thousands of years; time elapsed between Exodus 19 and Numbers 10: about 4-5 months.

Excited? I am. But I also understand that this can be one of the most difficult sections of the Torah to get through. So I am here to give some strategies to employ as you encounter some of the monotony. In this first installment, I want to give you some suggestions on how to get through the Tabernacle sections. Yes, I said, "sections," in the plural. As in, there are two sections that give you all the minutiae of the Tabernacle design. You will find them in Exodus 25:1-31:8 and 35:1-40:38.

In order to offer some help, I have recorded a short message with instructions. After the video, I have gathered some images that I find helpful as I read. I did not find any great representations of the priestly garments. Feel free to do a Google search and see if you find anything. Happy Reading!



Here are some images. They are all from http://www.templebuildersministry.com/Index_tabernacle.php. I cannot vouch for everything on this website, but all the images were in one place, which was helpful.

The Ark: 25:10-22


The Table: 25:23-30

The Lampstand: 25:31-40

The Tabernacle: 26:1-37


The Altar of Burnt Offering: 27:1-9


The Altar of Incense: 30:1-10


Washing Basin: 30:17-21







No comments:

Post a Comment