Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Quick Note on Day One

IT HAS BEGUN!!!

This is just a quick note to let you all know that I have not forgotten the beginning of our reading cycle. I spent all day flying from California to Missouri and this is the first chance I have had to get to my computer.

This first day starts us off with a mild taste of narrative, poetry, and genealogy. If you have a moment, just try to get a sense of the progression of the story thus far as you reflect. Though more detailed and formal reflection will come on Day 7, it does not hurt to start thinking ahead.

I will post something more extensive tomorrow with some examples of notes that I have taken in regard to these first five chapters to give you a jump start if you need it. Otherwise, I am happy to address any questions that popped up while you read.

Believe it or not, if you stick with this reading schedule, you will have read through Genesis 34 by Friday, having worked through Noah, Abraham, Isaac,  and Jacob to Dinah, who, contrary to the song, will not be rowing any sort of boats ashore.


1 comment: