Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Many Hagars and Some Rehashing


I have a few logistical things to get out of the way today and some fun items:

First, I have decided that I will hold back on my note-taking example until the first reflection day on the schedule. Trust me, it just makes more sense this way.

Second, it was also brought to my attention that I should direct everyone to the original instructions and schedule from earlier just in case someone new might be picking this up. So here are the schedule and the instructions for the first read through.

Third, another quick piece of advice: When and if you are taking notes as you read, just jot down important phrases, words, and themes, do not get too detailed or you will get bogged down. You are trying to catch the larger sweeps of the story. Also, think about the flow of the story as you go. Once you get to a reflection day, you should start thinking about how to organize the reading you have done to that point. If you try to organize the sections day by day, you will not end up with a large section, but several micro-sections. So do not be too eager to create an outline just yet. If you are struggling with what to do exactly, just keep reading and I will demonstrate how to take notes and synthesize them on the first reflection day.

Finally, as I was putting this blog together, I thought I would give Hagar her 15 minutes and post a picture of her. I was pleasantly surprised and reminded that there is more than one Hagar in our culture. (PS Hagar was not a Caucasian woman; nor was the angel a Caucasian person).





I hope you are enjoying the exploits of Abram/Abraham today. And once again, feel free to post any questions that pop up and I will do my best to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment