Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Here Is the Skinny

How well do you know the Bible? Scratch that. How well do you want to know the Bible? This authoritative and inspired resource for the Church deserves careful exploration and treatment from all who profess to be disciples of the Messiah. The problem is that few have the time or the patience to give it the attention it deserves. So, I have decided to put my brain to work on developing a strategy for reading Scripture. And, as the developer of this strategy, I will be subjecting myself to it; it is good to be the guinea pig.

This is the beginning of a long journey.  Over the next four years, I will be engaging in an in-depth study of Scripture. Every 180 days (roughly half of a year) I will be reading through a portion of Scripture several times. During this reading, I will also be engaging in activities that will help solidify the information, stories, etc. in my mind. This blog will record my progress as I move along and provide resources for those that wish to hop on board.

So, on July 1, 2012, this journey will begin. I hope that some of you will join me in this endeavor. If you so choose, there will be several resources that I will be posting to help you through this process. The first two will be a reading schedule and an activity plan for the first 180 days. These will be posted in the next few weeks so that you can prepare for this trek.

Basically, this first 180 days will consist of reading through the Torah (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) five times. Each week, I will post a video of my progress with some words of encouragement, insights, and instruction to help you continue through this process.  

So, if you are interested in knowing the Bible, but are prone to getting lost in some of the difficulties, I hope that this will be a resource that will help you make the progress you have always struggled to make both by giving you a structure to follow and accountability to lean on. Give it a shot and I will do my best to aid you along the way.

Stay tuned and let me know if you are interested, your disciplined participation and feedback will be appreciated and, I think, very rewarding.


No comments:

Post a Comment